Let's See Utah!!!
We found time for an 8 day vacation from September 4th to September
12th, 1999 -- just before I started graduate school. We tossed around
a few ideas as to where to go, and given the length of time we
figured something further away would be a good destination -- we can
do the local stuff on the weekends. So -- here's the descriptions
and pictures. I did take lots of pictures. These are all 640x480
resolution pix (hey, it's an old but reliable digital camera).
- September 4th -- Drive from LA to Henderson, NV, to visit
a friend of Roland's.
- September 5th -- Drive to Zion National Forest.
- September 6th -- Hike around Kolob Terrace.
- September 7th -- Hike around the Emerald Pools.
- September 8th -- Hike the lower Narrows, drive
to Bryce Canyon, drive to the scenic points.
- September 9th -- Hike in Fairyland Canyon
- September 10th -- Drive across Nevada to
Inyo National Forest, California, and camp just south of the Ancient
Bristlecone Pine Forest.
- September 11th -- Hike in the Ancient
Bristlecone Pine Forest, drive to Mammoth Lakes/Devil's Postpile,
camp at Red's Meadow.
- September 12th -- Hike to Rainbow Falls,
drive home, via Tioga Pass and Yosemite National Park.